Microsoft have recently announced in their blog about massive improvements in the operating software Windows 10, after many users complained about bugs and drawbacks in the working.
Improvements and fixes for PC
- The link to “Get more extensions from the Store” under the Extensions pane in Microsoft Edge now takes you directly to the Store to download available extensions.
- Changed the keyboard shortcut to invoke Cortana in listening mode to Win + Shift + C based on feedback from Insiders experiencing a large number of unintended activations of Cortana while in listening mode. Speaking “Hey Cortana”, when enabled in Cortana Settings, continues to invoke Cortana in listening mode as it always has.
- Going forward from this build, updates to the Quick Action area of Action Center shall be preserved across upgrades.
- Fixed the issue where disconnecting the Surface Book from an external monitor set as primary resulted in the Surface Book screen showing in portrait rather than landscape until having detached and reattached the screen.
- Fixed the issue where the Settings app showed media controls in the taskbar preview window.
- Fixed the issue where dragging the file comparison or manage library dialogs between two monitors with different DPIs resulted in the dialog content no longer displaying correctly.
- Fixed the issue where the checkmark used to indicate a selected state in app bar toggle buttons wasn’t visible in high contrast.
- Fixed the issue where connecting to a PC using Remote Desktop when a maximized window was immediately behind the Remote Desktop dialog would result in the subsequent the Credential UI window being displayed behind the maximized window.
- Fixed the issue where, with certain monitor configurations, Explorer.exe would hang after a tooltip was being displayed.
- Fixed the issue resulting in certain Bluetooth mice accelerating erratically when moving the cursor across the screen.
- Fixed the issue where on certain web-pages in Microsoft Edge when Narrator was in Scan mode and going line by line through a list of hyperlinks, Narrator wouldn’t announce the fact that these were hyperlinks.
- Fixed the issue with certain websites potentially causing a memory leak and becoming unresponsive in Microsoft Edge when the LastPass extension had been enabled.
The improvements shall be included in the update for the software. For more details, visit https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/07/07/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14383-for-pc-and-mobile/