due to dog lick, a woman in ohio loses her legs and hands

Due to dog lick, A woman in Ohio loses her legs and hands

After returning from a vacation of Punta Cana, Marie Trainer gets out of work because of nausea and backache. Her body temperature increased and dropped, after transferring her to the Stark County, Ohio, Intensive Care Unit room in the period of 11th May. When Marie Trainer woke in a clinic bed eight days later, her legs and hand had been amputated. It took specialists six days to find out Trainer incurred a serious infection, not from travel disease, but from her dog German shepherd’s kisses. Marie Trainer infected from an uncommon infection from the capnocytophaga canimorsus bacteria, maybe when her pet German shepherd puppy, licked an open cut. Dr. Margaret Kobe is the medical officer of infectious disease at Canton Aultman Hospital in Ohio, treated Marie Trainer. She defined her as “delirious” when she arrived in the ICU section. Shortly after, Marie Trainer became unconscious. Her skin tone started changing fastly to purplish-red. Then it proceeds into gangrene. Marie then settled a blood clot.

Dr. Margaret Kobe said that, It was difficult to identify these kinds of infections, We’re working as a detective to identify the disease. Trainers infection spread to the ears, a tip of nose, face, and legs. Marie Trainer didn’t lose her face parts. The family wanted another opinion, hoping to save Marie Trainer’s limbs, But Margaret Kobe said the harm had already been done. Cultures and blood tests defined the diagnosis of capnocytophaga. Gina Premier is Marie Trainer’s step-daughter. She is a nurse at Aultman Hospital. She became very sad after listening to the Marie Trainers diagnosis results. Marie has had nine surgeries so far.

Marie has two pet dogs. Marie says she knows her puppy of German shepherd breed licked an infected scratch. The bacteria of this disease spread to humans, through scratches, bites or other contacts with pets like cats and dogs. CDC said that It is rare cases that Capnocytophaga causes illness in humans, who are in contacts with pets like cats and dogs. But there is a greater risk of getting infected by Capnocytophaga in those people who suffered cancer and other serious diseases.